The advantages of an adoption
A few curious people (CrowdFarmers) asked us about the following subject:
- "When I order oranges from my adopted unit, does it all come from my orange tree?" It is unlikely. 🤨
- "The extra virgin olive oil I receive, does it all come from my olive tree?" Partly, yes, but it also comes from other olive trees. 😕
- "I want the almonds from my almond tree. Can you guarantee me this will be the case?" We can't guarantee you this. 😟
- "How can the farmer ensure that the chocolate comes precisely from my cocoa tree?" We can't guarantee you this. 😧
"Well, what is the point of adopting something then? Is it only a romantic idea or a clever marketing trick?"
No, Crowdfarmer, CrowdFarming is much more than that... The adoption of a tree, a plant, a parcel of land or an animal is worth a lot.
For the FARMER (producer)👩🌾
- It allows the Farmer to only grow on demand of the consumer: in the traditional food supply chain most of the growers produce without any certainty that they will sell out the produce of their harvest. They are growing "blindly" during the season and when it is time to harvest, they have to sell it quickly. They work throughout the year without knowing how much they will get for their harvest. With the CrowdFarming model the farmer sets a price before they start growing their crops. This motivates them to put quality over quantity.
- This allows farmers to receive direct feedback from their CrowdFarmers (clients) and improve their farming techniques. As surprising as it is, the producers who sell through traditional channels don't get to receive feedback about the quality of their harvest. More than anything, because they don't know where their harvest ends up nor who they grow it for. Can you imagine influencing the way producers grow? With direct and transparent feedback they can improve their work, for example change their habits towards more ethical production processes.
For the CROWDFARMER (customer)
- Transparency and Traceability: knowing who, how and where the products that we consume are cultivated/made.
- Having a closer relationship with the people who produce your food. We believe that it is something very important and gives the food a special taste. And you can go and visit your tree or plant if you want a more personal touch.
- Quality: the promise of any of CrowdFarming's projects is that the Farmer sends the harvest of your adoption at an ideal state of ripeness and it is our duty at CrowdFarming to make sure that the food arrives smoothly.
- Knowledge: the farmers tell you how their harvests have been, with its setbacks 😥 and joys 😃. Growing food is not the same thing as manufacturing nails and screws. It depends on the weather, the age of the adopted unit and other factors, which farmers cannot always control.
Now, we guess that the following question is on your mind: And what happens if a misfortune occurs and the farmer cannot send me the produce of the harvest? 🌩️
Our answer: if you don't receive the harvest of your adopted unit for whichever reason, the farmer returns the money of the adoption (refund guaranteed by the CrowdFarming team). 😊
You can find all the information regarding adoptions here.